Age Range: 18 – 35 (inclusive; some countries have an age limit of 30, unless you participate through a Recognized Organization like GO International)
Maximum Duration: 12 or 24 months from date of entry into Canada (depends on agreement with home country)
Location: You are free to live and work anywhere during your time in Canada.
Visa Required: Work Permit obtained under the Working Holiday Category of the International Experience Canada Initiative
- Be a citizen of any of the many countries that have signed a working holiday agreement with Canada:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea Republic, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, USA*.
* GO International has a special agreement regarding visas with the USA.
- Hold a valid passport of your home country
- Possess sufficient funds to cover expenses in Canada for the first 3 months of the stay (CAD $2,500)
- Have comprehensive health insurance coverage (including repatriation) valid for the whole duration of the stay (Canadian medical coverage not sufficient)
Minimum job duration: 3-4 months
Start Dates: April to June (summer season) and October to December (winter season)
Location: Resorts across Canada (Whistler, Lake Louise, Banff etc.; location may vary depending on your profile)
Job placement: You will be placed in a hospitality position (Housekeeping, Front Desk, Food & Beverage, Customer Service etc.) at a Canadian resort for at least minimum wage.
- Be eligible for the Canada Working Holiday visa
- Have intermediate English skills or be willing to take an ESL course (if you are not an English native speaker, you will have to prove this by doing an online test)
- Proof of at least 1 year of relevant work experience in hospitality or tourism