Have you ever dreamed about working in France? Then this is your chance! With the Working Holiday visa, Canadian citizens are eligible to work in France for up to 1 year. Gain international work experience, immerse yourself in the French culture and improve your French skills while earning your living and travel costs. Paris is waiting for you!
- We will help you with all the nitty gritty stuff, such as applying for your Working Holiday visa, booking your flights and travel insurance.
- You will participate in 2 weeks of intensive prep classes, including French Language Classes to get you ready for your job placement.
- Jobs are offered in hospitality, tourism or sales, such as in restaurants, catering, bars, retail stores or hotels.
- Positions can be full-time (35-40 hours) or part-time and are fully paid with at least minimum wage.
- You will apply for your job and attend the interview/s during your first two weeks in Paris.
- Attend your on-arrival orientation and social activities to meet people and make friends from all around the world!
- Placements are a minimum of 4 months and up to 12 months.
TWO WEEKS OF INTENSIVE PREP CLASSES:
- 20 general French lessons during the morning (A1.1 – C1)
- 4 extra lessons to reinforce the communication
- 2 extra lessons in mini groups to prepare for future interviews and integration into the host company
- Additional French lessons: From 370 EUR per week
- Individual airport transfer: From 90 EUR one way (depending on arrival airport)
- Host Family (Room only, Bed & Breakfast, Half board): From 240 EUR per week
- Residence: From 340 EUR per week
- Apart’ Hotels: From 550 EUR per studio and week
Food and Beverage Server/Host
Assistance in applying for the Working Holiday visa
Orientation session upon arrival providing comprehensive information about living and working in France
Two weeks of General French language training (20 lessons = 15 hours/week)
Linguistic Workshop (4 lessons) and Work Experience Workshop (2 lessons)
On-Arrival paid job placement in hospitality, tourism or sales in Paris
Help with opening a French bank account
Full assistance, ongoing support and advice throughout the program
What’s not included:
Airfare and transport to accommodation
Accommodation in Paris
Additional French Language Lessons (if needed)
Registration at the Federal Police (required from certain nationalities)
Travel insurance (mandatory)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old
- Have intermediate level in French (Minimum B1) or be willing to attend a French Language Course
- Be mature, flexible, open-minded, able to adapt and willing to experience new situations
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE WORKING HOLIDAY VISA:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 as of the application date
- You must hold a Canadian passport that is valid for at least six months past the end date of the
- You must have never benefited from this visa or the other two types of visa under the
- You must provide proof of sufficient financial resources to provide for any initial expenses at the
start of your stay and to leave the country at any time during your stay
- Have a clean police record
Placements are in the hospitality, tourism or sales industry, such as in catering, sales sectors, restaurants, bars, and hotels.
The application and placement process will take place during your first 2 weeks in France, while attending the workshops in Paris. A maximum of three interviews with French companies will be organized during this time.
You can either work full time (35 hours per week or 39 hours in the catering field) or part-time. No matter the position, you will receive a salary in line with the minimum wage in France, around 1150 euros per month for a full time job.
The legal working hours in France is 35 hours a week. Depending on positions, you may work between 30 and 40 hours a week. We can’t guarantee the numbers of working hours, which is something depending on each employer. Timetable is flexible depending on positions and usually each employee has 2 days off a week (in case of working overtime, number of days off may be reduced and a financial compensation will be given).
You will need intermediate French Language skills for the program. Our Gold Package includes 2 weeks of language lessons. If this is not enough, you will be able to add more weeks before your job starts. Your level of French will be assessed during your interview and/or through an online proficiency test.
The Silver Package is only eligible for participants, who can demonstrate a high proficiency in French (B2/C1) and/or knowledge of France. This will be evaluated during a conversation with our partner in France.
You will need to book our Gold Package if your French language skills are not sufficient, which includes 2 weeks of Language lessons. Additional weeks can be added at an extra cost if needed or recommended by our partner in France.