Can I work in my field?

The Working Holiday visa is an open work permit, which means that you can take up any job you are interested in and qualified for (with some exceptions, such as health care). Though, the program has been designed to offer a cultural exchange experience to young travelers and is not supposed to replace a normal work permit. Employers might also be reluctant to hire Working Holiday participants in skilled positions since they are only able to work for a limited amount of time. Therefore, most of our work placements are in temporary or seasonal jobs, for example in hospitality, tourism, childcare or farm work.