The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. They look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or want to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland.
As soon as possible
What you’ll be doing
- Have fun and invite the guest to have fun at all times.
- Serving everyone in your section.
- Selling and serving food and beverages quickly and efficiently.
- Responsibility for the quality of all products served to guests.
- Knowing your products and the best way to sell them.
- Promoting and up-selling liquor, food and events.
- Understanding and using the table numbers for efficient service.
- Cash handling according to Whistler Blackcomb guidelines – you’ll have responsibility for your own float.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all guest areas including the tables, floors and washrooms.
- Assisting other staff with the service of guests – never walk with an empty tray or hands.
- Follow opening and closing duties and weekly routines.
- Enforcing Serving it Right standards.
- Assisting the team in the service of the guest in any way necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best and showing that we care
- Always show up on time, in uniform, and adhere to the grooming policy!
- Strives to exceed expectations in all facets of work.
What we need from you
- Proof of clear criminal record check.
- Must be at least 19 years of age or older.
- 3 years of experience as a full-service server preferably in a high-volume food and beverage environment.
- Previous experience with “Mircos” is an advantage
- Good working knowledge of drinks.
- Knowledge of Whistler Blackcomb and the surrounding area is a definite asset.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- BC Serving It Right Certification.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.