Website Home Depot Canada
Cashiers play a critical role in assisting customers by providing fast, friendly, accurate and safe service. Cashiers proactively assist customers with their transactions, and customer questions and assist customers to find their desired products. As a cashier, you are the first and last line of defense in ensuring that the customers have a positive shopping experience.
Experience is an asset
As soon as possible
Why Join Home Depot?
- Profit-Sharing Bonuses
- Discounted Stock Purchase Plan
- On the Job Paid Training and Career Development
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Retirement Savings Plan & Paid Vacation Time
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure every item is scanned
Monitor and maintain the Self-Checkout area
Ensure inventory accuracy
Follow all Home Depot policies and procedures
Ask customers for proof of purchase when necessary
Achieve cashier metrics on a daily basis
Be aware of store promotions and rebates
Some Heavy lifting required; bending, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time; comfortable with ladders
Pick, organize and verify orders for delivery or pick-up
Utilize computer terminals and/or Home Depot portable phone to check inventory, look up orders and notify customers when product is ready for pick-up
Candidates should be comfortable lifting merchandise to organize for customer pick up
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous cashier experience would be an asset
- Excellent decision-making ability and problem solving
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Applicable to Permanent Full-Time and Part-Time positions.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.