Website Four Seasons
Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as the Demi Chef de Partie
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and a passion for food and wine. Four Seasons Resort Whistler is the only Five Star Resort in all of Canada.
The Demi Chef de partie reports to the Executive Chef. We are looking for an energetic, hospitality professional with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to multitask, have a passion for service and people, and past culinary experience. Applicants will be a willing team player, comfortable with standards of service, and will be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote team work. Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Be ready for a warm Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and a top rated
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December, 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.
- Participate in the preparation of food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards
- Complete mise en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs
- Train, motivate, recommend discipline, and supervise the work of kitchen employees ensuring that all cultural and core standards are met
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up
- Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages
- Return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems
- Control food waste, loss and usage per policies
- If required, assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift
- Comply with Four Seasons Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Employee Handbook
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
Culinary education is strongly preferred
At least 2 years culinary experience in a similar role.
Passion for food.
Strong command of the English language
Excellent commitment to service and team work
Ability to work in Canada
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format.
About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
What’s in it for you
Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc) after probationary period;
Access to affordable shared staff
Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
Retirement plan with employer contribution;
Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
Excellent training and development program;
Discovery Nights at Four Seasons worldwide.
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
To apply for this job please visit fourseasons.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.