Age Range: 18 – 35 (inclusive; some countries have an age limit of 30, unless you participate through a Recognized Organization like GO International)
Maximum Duration: 12 or 24 months from date of entry into Canada (depends on agreement with home country)
Location: Arrival services in Vancouver and Toronto, across Canada for living and working
Visa Required: Work Permit obtained under the Working Holiday Category of the International Experience Canada Initiative
- Be a citizen of any of the many countries that have signed a working holiday agreement with Canada:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea Republic, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, USA*.
* GO International has a special agreement regarding visas with the USA.
- Hold a valid passport of your home country
- Possess sufficient funds to cover expenses in Canada for the first 3 months of the stay (CAD $2,500)
- Have comprehensive health insurance coverage (including repatriation) valid for the whole duration of the stay (Canadian medical coverage not sufficient)