Japan has always been on your bucket list and you can’t wait to get started, plan your trip, pack your bags and fly to the “Land of the Rising Sun”?
This is our most affordable program which helps you apply for a Working Holiday Visa for Japan and provides you with all the services you need to have a fun and worry-free work abroad in Japan!
WHAT DOES “WORK AND TRAVEL” MEAN?
A Working Holiday Visa provides you with the opportunity to legally live and work in a foreign country. This means, that you will be able to take any job – depending on your work experience, professional and language skills, of course! Earn the money to pay for your living costs and travel adventures. Work and Travel is the most affordable program without having to rely on your savings or trust fund.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE GOLD AND SILVER PROGRAM?
Our Silver Package is the most affordable option to work and travel in Japan. It provides you with all the premium services you need while being on a budget.
For a running start into your life in Japan, we recommend our Gold Package, which includes 5 weeks in a share house in Tokyo.
Our Gold package is the extra bonus you will need if you have never been to Japan and you are looking for the extra comfort and security of pre-arranged accommodation already included in your package.
- Japanese Language Lessons: 4 weeks $899
Job Guarantees ($150):
- Traditional Ryokan Hotel
- Japanese Farm
- Ski Resort
- Beach Resort
- English Language School
- Share House: Minimum 5 weeks, see Gold Package.
- Capsule Hotel/Hostel (dorm): $30 per night
You can’t decide if you want to spend your Working Holiday in Japan or Korea? No worries! With GO International’s Combo Program you will be able to experience the best of both worlds and save $400 CAD on your program fees!
Step-by-step guide on how to apply for your Working Holiday visa and check if your application is complete
Working Holiday Visa application by our staff in Vancouver if you are a BC or Yukon resident
Personal support by our GO International travel experts prior to your departure
Personal assistance upon arrival (including residence registration, immigration office, bank account and mobile phone contract)
Local orientation about life in Tokyo and Japan
Daily postings of job vacancies (on weekdays)
1-on-1 job search support session and individual resume preparation for Japanese market
Job counselling group session upon arrival and role-play of Japanese job interview
Walk-in support in Tokyo office (Mo-Fr during office hours), also via phone, email, LINE and on WhatsApp
24/7 emergency support
Bilingual contact person in Tokyo (English and Japanese)
Use of printer and PC in the office in Tokyo
Membership terms for food delivery to share house (Costco and Metro)
What’s not included:
Airfare and transport within Japan
Fees for visa application documents (Visa application is free of charge)
Travel Health Insurance (mandatory)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM:
- You must be eligible for the Working-Holiday Visa for Canadian Citizens
- For Job Guarantees: Most positions require a basic conversational level of Japanese.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE WORKING HOLIDAY VISA:
- You must be a Canadian citizen with a valid CANADIAN PASSPORT (valid for at a minimum six months past the end date of the visit)
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years
- You must be in good health
- You must have a clear Police Record
- You must provide proof of financial resources (minimum of $3,500 CAD)
- You must submit all the documents necessary to support your visa request in person at a Japanese embassay/consulate.
- You have not held a Working Holiday Visa for Japan before.
Note: Through the Working Holiday Visa, you are allowed to stay in Japan for 6 months. Once in Japan, you will be able to apply for another 6 month extension.
3 UNIQUE THINGS TO EXPERIENCE IN TOKYO
Tokyo is colorful, vibrant, and full of life and adventure. But it’s not a typical world capital. During the orientation days at the start of your Working Holiday in Japan, discover Tokyo’s must-do tourist attractions, such as the Imperial Palace, the Meiji Shrine and the Tokyo Skytree… However, there are also an abundance of strange and unique things to experience! Use the first days of your Work and Travel adventure to explore the fascinating melting pot that is Tokyo.
Venture out of your comfort zone and we guarantee you will have a lot of interesting stories to tell afterwards:
- Hop-on Hop-off double-deckers are a fun way to explore any city from Sydney, over Auckland to Tokyo. But nothing beats a lightning-fast go-kart! Race around Tokyo in a custom-built go-kart, dressed up as your favorite superhero or video game character. As long as you have an International Driving Permit, you are ready to hit the roads!
- You have always watched Japanese Samurai with a vivid fascination? Kembu is the traditional art of Japanese stage performances. Try on the typical clothes, learn how to handle a Japanese sword and experience the way of the Samurai yourself. The costume photoshoot will provide you with a really unique souvenir for home.
- It comes to no surprise that Tokyo has claimed the title of reigning champion of weirdly themed cafés. There are animal cafés, where you can come in close contact with cats, reptiles, goats, hedgehogs, and even pet an owl. You trust inanimate objects more? Visit the Robot Restaurant! You love thrills? Dare yourself to a snack at the Dungeon, Vampire or Ninja Café. Other bizarre options include a Maid Café and Cuddles Café. You are in for a treat!
You will be provided with a step-by-step guide on how to apply for your Working Holiday visa and your GO International travel expert will check if your application is complete.
You will have to hand in your visa application in person at a Japanese embassy or consulate of your area (in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal).
If you are a resident of BC or Yukon, our staff in Vancouver is able to either come along for your appointment at the Japanese consulate or submit your visa application on your behalf.
You will have access to comprehensive information material and videos regarding a variety of topics and questions. We will brief you on living costs, your health insurance and housing opportunities to name just a few. Of course, you can always give your GO INTERNATIONAL Japan experts a call or send them a message.
Our partner in Tokyo has two central share houses where you can rent a room at a very affordable rate. Just choose extra accommodation days during your booking. This gives you the chance to sleep off your jet lag, meet fellow backpackers, and join in social activities and language classes!
Our tip: Book our Gold Package and 5 weeks of accommodation will be already included in your program.
Our partner in Tokyo offers an extensive job data base, where you can find tons of money-making opportunities! During our partner’s job counselling sessions you will be well-prepared for your first application and interview. The team will also individually prepare your resume in the typical Japanese style.
You want more job security? Book the job guarantee and you will be placed on a Japanese farm, in traditional ryokan, at a ski or beach resort or at a ESL Language School before your arrival.
Our Japanese partner in Tokyo will not only support you during your first days of arrival, but throughout the entirety of your stay in Japan.
Simply walk in during office hours, give them a call or send them a message via email, on WhatsApp or LINE. There is also a 24/7 emergency support system in place. You see, our all-round carefree service provides you with the support you need to have the best Work and Travel experience of your life!
There are some jobs in Japan you won’t need any Japanese skills for, for example teaching English in language schools and also working for moving, security and cleaning companies. If you are looking for a job in tourism or hospitality or if you already have skilled Canadian work experience, then you will need at least basic Japanese skills to be hired for these positions.
For a running start into your professional life in Japan, we recommend booking at least 4 weeks of Language Lessons. This way, you will be well-prepared for your future professional career in Japan.
Our Gold package is the extra bonus you will need if you have never been to Japan, want more initial support after your arrival and if you are looking for the extra comfort and security of pre-arranged accommodation and a language course already included in your package.