Website Compass Group
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
Salary$$17.00 hourly for 37.5 hours per week
As soon as possible
Flexible schedule required for shifts 6am-2pm and 11am-7:30pm
How you will make an impact
You will be responsible for taking food and beverage orders and efficiently delivering items to dining room guests.
As a Waitstaff, you will be
- Promptly and warmly greet guests in the dining room; take food and beverages in an efficient manner, following established steps of service
- Deliver food promptly and professionally
- Maintain safe food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follow up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests
- Demonstrate complete understanding of menu items and ingredients.
- Advise guests on appropriate combinations of food and drinks when requested accommodate reasonable requests and note preferences. Demonstrate knowledge of specialized diets
- Communicate directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure that orders are delivered correctly, and special requests are accommodated
- Promptly address complaints or issues, relay relevant information or complaints directly to the supervisor
- Ensure that the dining room is properly set up prior to and after the service period
- Keep the area clean and neat while meeting established sanitation standards
- Work with the staff of other departments to perform job duties during special events and functions
- You have previous experience in the food services industry
- You must have a valid Food Handler Certificate or provincial equivalent
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to get along well with others
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items, and stand/walk for the majority of shifts
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.