Do you want to become an ESL teacher or simply enjoy passing on your passion for learning? Whichever your answer may be, this is the program for you. Combine the rewarding task of teaching English to Japanese children while exploring the rich history and culture of Japan! This program includes Japanese cultural course and an internationally accredited TESOL course and its certificate at completion, so you will gain a fantastic set of skills that will aid your future career as well.
It’s time to start your teaching career: Go International’s Teach in Japan Program will provide you with the opportunity to enhance your work experience in one of the most colorful and fascinating countries in the world!
Whether you are an ESL teacher looking for a new challenge abroad, in need of hands-on teaching experience or simply enjoy working with children of all ages, Go International will arrange a teaching position before your arrival in Japan! This program includes an online TESOL course that you can complete before your arrival, so you will be ready to go into a classroom at public schools right away. Our Japanese partner organization will prepare you for the application procedure. As your Go International travel experts, we will be with you every step of the way until you can say, “Konnichiwa, Japan!”
Note: You will not need any Japanese skills for these positions. However, basic conversation skills are highly recommended.
ENGLISH ASSISTANT TEACHER
- Full-time position, 5 days a week (Monday – Friday), weekends are off unless school has special events.
- Wage is 220,000 yen per month for new teachers.
- 1-year contract is mandatory.
- Start date: End of March
- Pre-arrival online TESOL course is included.
- Placement in the rural or in the countryside. Applicants need to be open to placement anywhere in Japan.
- Placement can be at an elementary school, a junior high school, or a high school.
- You will help with projects, questions, and in-class work with Japanese co-teachers in the classrooms.
Find out more about the Japan Working Holiday Visa application process here:
Pre-arrival online 40-hour Japan Cultural Foundation Course
Pre-arrival internationally accredited 120-hour online TESOL certification course
Step-by-step guide on how to apply for your Working Holiday visa
Working Holiday visa application by our staff in Vancouver if you are a BC or Yukon resident
Personal support from our travel experts prior to your departure
Resume review/revision and interview preparation
Guaranteed interview with Japanese public schools
Accommodation suggestion near schools
Assistance in getting to the final destination
Meetup events with other teachers
What’s not included:
Fees for visa application documents (visa application is free of charge)
Travel health insurance (mandatory)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM:
- Be eligible for the Working-Holiday Visa for Canadian Citizens
- Be able to complete online TESOL Course before departure.
- Be open to placement anywhere in Japan. No location can be guaranteed.
- Be willing to commit for 12 months (Arrive late March – Following mid-March)
- Have no visible tattoos
- Driver’s license required (If you are non-driver – case by case basis)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE WORKING HOLIDAY VISA:
- Be a Canadian citizen with a valid CANADIAN PASSPORT (valid for at a minimum six months past the end date of the visit)
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years.
- Be in good health.
- Have a clean Police Record
- Provide proof of financial resources (minimum of $3,500 CAD)
- Submit all the documents necessary to support your visa request in person at a Japanese embassy/consulate.
- You have not held a Working Holiday Visa for Japan before.
Note: Through the Working Holiday Visa, you are allowed to stay in Japan for 6 months. Once in Japan, you will be able to apply for another 6 month extension.
The location can vary across Japan by your teaching placement.
It’s an opportunity for you to become an ESL teacher in Japan, teaching English to Japanese children while experiencing Japan’s rich culture. The program includes a TESOL course.
The program is suitable for ESL teachers seeking an exciting international teaching experience, individuals looking to gain hands-on teaching experience, or anyone who enjoys working with children of all ages. Basic conversation skills are recommended, but you don’t need to be fluent in Japanese.
The program lasts for 12 months, giving you an entire year to explore Japan, teach English, and experience its culture.
English Assistant Teachers in Japan have a full-time position, working five days a week (Monday to Friday) with weekends off unless the school has special events. The monthly wage is 220,000 yen for new teachers, and a one-year contract is mandatory. You’ll start at the end of March and receive pre-arrival online TESOL training. Placement can be in rural or countryside areas anywhere in Japan, including elementary schools, junior high schools, or high schools. Your role involves assisting with projects, answering questions, and working with Japanese co-teachers in the classrooms.
Go International offers comprehensive support to program participants. We will arrange a teaching position for you before your arrival in Japan and provide an online TESOL course that you can complete in advance. Our Japanese partner organization will assist you with the application process. Throughout your journey, we, as your Go International travel experts, will be there to guide you every step of the way, ensuring a smooth transition into your teaching role in Japan.